Need good reasons to go bra-less?
1. Bras do nothing for your breasts, apparently. If you’re like me, you might be under the impression that wearing a bra may keep your bouncers from sagging over time. In fact, it seems the opposite is true! In a study at France’s Universite de Franche-Comté, professor Jean-Denis Rouillon found that muscle tissue was stronger in women who did not wear a bra. The same study, which tracked women over a 15-year-period, found that bras don’t actually do anything to improve the overall health or appearance of your breasts.
2. Going bra-less improves circulation. All ladies know that when you remove your bra — and thereby remove the constricting band constricting your chest — your circulation will improve, and it’s a great relief. Better circulation equates to healthier and firmer skin, and who couldn’t use a little bit more of that?
3. Your breasts will be “perkier.” Rouillon’s study found that the nipples of women who went bra-less were an average of 7 millimetres higher than those of the women who did wear bras.
4. It just feels better. Why not enjoy that end-of-the day comfort all day long by skipping the bra, even if just for one day? If you’re worried about how it will look, try wearing a top with a built-in shelf bra to get the benefits of support without the constriction of a bra!
5. Going bra-less gives you a chance to check things out. Ditching the bra for one day will give you a better opportunity to get up close and personal with your breasts in a way that you would not if they were ensconced in fabric. Now is a good time to do that self-exam you keep forgetting about and to make that mammogram appointment you’ve been meaning to schedule all year.